Monday, August 26, 2013

Yucca or YUCKa?

Devoting a little of my work time in the morning for finishing Saturday’s post, it was ready to be published. When you pack your days full, the time you have available to spend on other things (like your blog) dwindles away. However, I have yet to miss a day of blogging about my adventure, so I can’t stop now.

When Katie arrived, we talked about our weekends and then about business. I told her how someday I would enjoy operating my own company. (Hey, everyone can dream and have ambitions, right? LOL!) We then went into brainstorming ideas that would thrive in a small town. It was a great conversation because it’s a topic interesting to me.

The rest of my work day was filled with actual work. Right off the bat was a news scan for the video company. Instead of writing the comments for the articles I found, it was passed down to Alex. This way she could have some practice writing in the video company’s voice. Shortly after that was completed, I began searching for reporters who have been writing about the TechCrunch Disrupt San Francisco start-up event. One of the start-ups we market for will be attending the event, so we wanted to hook them up with a reporter for a potential story.

Passing the vegetable store near my place, I seen they had a fresh shipment of yuccas. Always wanting to try the root vegetable I figured now would be the perfect time. I read on the internet you cook them as you would do a potato. As I peeled and cut the yucca roots into chunks I noticed they were quite dense; forcing me to use a serrated knife.

Boiling them and then baking them with a generous coating of spices, they turned out…different to say the least. It was worth a try, but I think I found out why they are called YUCKas. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment