Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sweet Tooth...Eliminated!



Snoozing my alarm was not an option. I had to be at the office a little before 11am today because our other newbie, Shelly, was scheduled to start.

First on my list was to show her how to fill in the monthly batching document. I gave her guidelines and tips that would make the process easier. Being a visual learner myself, when I train others I train them visually as well. I walked her through the previous month's batching document so she could have a better grasp on what I was talking about. In every job I’ve had I always ended up training people; hopefully, it attests my communication abilities. LOL!

Walking pretty much the same route to work for about two months, I have been able to notice changes. From the budding of trees indicating Spring is near, to the appearance of new businesses…change is constantly happening.

For lunch I ate at the new restaurant called Mirko Resto & Bar, located on Godroy Cruz. Dying to have some pasta, I easily decided to give their #2 lunch special a try…raviolis filled with ricotta cheese and walnuts smothered in a rose sauce. Waiting for my food I had a nice Spanglish conversation with the owner with topics mainly being about running his business. The vibe this place had was total chill meaning if you and a group of friends wanted to listen to good music in a relaxing atmosphere…Miko Resto & Bar is the place.

Back at the office I worked on a portfolio, but apparently it should have been a blog based off the video…oops. It wasn’t a complete waste of time because the portfolio would have had to be done eventually. This video, however, was the reason for my afternoon daydreaming. It definitely stimulated my inner entrepreneur and made me think about how I could start a similar marketing company.

Tonight I had to make a detour to Fitz Roy…because…one of my favorite panaderias is located on that street and I have gave them any business for a while. Looks like I was having a nice portion of mocha cream cake for desert. My sweet tooth was definitely eliminated. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment