Thursday, August 22, 2013

Miscellaneous Tasks at Work

Just like yesterday, we are in a very comfortable position when it comes to work assignments. With that said, I was able to convert a few hours of my morning to work on personal assignments.

The first non-work-related task I did was for the World Food Prize. I used my Skype account to make an international call to the charter service in Des Moines to verify what days we were on their schedule and how many buses they had assigned.

After about a 20 minute conversation I was on the next task; planning my Saturday getaway to Gaucho Land (aka San Antonio de Areco). I guess it is the sister city to Laredo, Texas…anyway that is what Wikipedia says. It will be a long day, that’s for sure, because my bus leaves Buenos Aires at 7 am and returns at 11:30 pm. The timetables were horrible for the charter service.
(ADD moment: Here is a view from the video in the marketing office. Don’t let the sun filled sky fool you…it was a cool day LOL)

The evening consisted of some normal evening things I do; a trip to the gym, followed by a Skype conversation of him teasing me with what he had for supper and a Skype updating call from my mom because August hasn’t been a great month for her.
Miscellaneous 

No comments:

Post a Comment