Monday, August 12, 2013

You Call that A Brownie?

As soon as I arrived to work I remembered the outlet problem wouldn’t be fixed until the afternoon. Too lazy to make my way back to my place, I worked from the bookstore/café place on Thames.

Proper etiquette when using a café mainly for their free internet is to order something from their menu. I ordered a $16 peso brownie topped with dulce de leche.  When the waiter delivered my brownie by setting it on the table, I just had to take a picture of it.

What sat in front of me was this small, teacup plate with an oversized spoon and this piece of brownie that could be finished in two bites. I guess I was paying for the atmosphere and the hard chair I had the pleasure to sit in?  I could have purchased 5 facturas for that price. LOL!

I found it a little easier to get work done today. With the dust finally beginning to settle, I punched out the SEO Plugin article that has been haunting me since Thursday.

Even though I enjoy working from home, I think if I was going to do it with another job I will definitely need a separate room for an office. Someplace where I could isolate myself and work because being completely honest, working in my studio last Friday wasn’t very productive.

I finally know what an Argentinean version of a party bus looks like. I saw several on my way home from work, and yes…another picture perfect opportunity. LOL!

Once the dishes were done I had a Skype session with Ed from the World Food Prize. We discussed the new database I’ve been watching tutorials about, and some of the new features and security measures this October will bring. I’m definitely looking forward to that week in October.

Ed’s Skype session was then followed up by another session with my dad, which was followed by a phone call Skype session to my mom. Basically, this evening gave me a taste of what international communication is all about.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, poor Gringo you! Caro and I can suggest you a place in Palermo where you can get an excellent brownie with ice cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAHAHAH! You must tell me about this place that sells an excellent brownie WITH ice cream. I was a little disappointed today LOL! :P

      Delete