Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Power of One Email

What a day. Those three simple words can sum up everything about today. With surprises coming from all sorts of directions, how could I remain sane?

The day started off with a surprise run-in with Marcelo on Fitz Roy in Palermo. However, that wasn’t the strange part; it was who he was with. Marcelo was with Michael Day…a guy from the United States….from Iowa…from Des Moines. I’m now a believer in the “we live in a small world” concept. LOL!
After chatting with them for a while I continued my trek to Nora’s place to drop off some cash because she was having some exchanged at her place. It feels weird exchanging cash this way because it feels semi-illegal; which in a sense, it is.

Do you also remember a post in June where I talked about being rudely awakened by junk collecting trucks in the early morning hours? Well, here is a photo of what I was talking about. I ran into it this morning on Thames. Notice the large loud speaker on the top of the Ford Pickup? This is even one of the nicer ones because it has a very unique hood ornament; a silver Chinese dragon. LOL!

The first half of the work day was normal, but then the last half was…well, literally unbelievable. It’s amazing how a simple email with one line of text can leave you in a daze for the remainder of the day. I simply couldn’t think about anything else.

The walk home was the same way.  I completely tuned out everything happening around me. My 40 minute walk turned into what felt like a 5 minute walk; which I guess is something positive. LOL!

Arriving home, I made a quick supper and immediately purchased one month of Skype Premium. By purchasing Skype Premium, I can now make calls to mobile and landline phones in the US as well as host group video calls! Hope you all are ready and have Skype accounts. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment