Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cooking For Eight



Can this streak of nice spring-like weather continue? We are on day four, and today made it into the low 70s; I was a happy man!

Once I arrived at the office, I immediately opened the windows in the marketing room. Finally, a day where we didn’t have to have the heaters on, but sadly I think that will change come Friday.

Katie and I were craving fruit cups from the fruit/vegetable stand, so I went and grabbed two of them for lunch. Luckily I didn’t wait to get them this time because there were only two left in the fridge. The fruit is refreshing and the juice is tart, just the way I like it!

Tonight was German night for the cooking series. Tristan and Carolin arrived before everyone else because they were the cooks and we had to venture to Jumbo to grab the ingredients. I should have known a Jumbo trip would take longer than expected. LOL!

At Jumbo, the decision was between schnitzels and German hotdogs/sausages. We already knew the side dish would be ‘German’ fries. After a quick discussion, schnitzels it was along with some liters of German beer. Would it be a German meal without the beer?

Standing in the self-checkout line, we received a call from the others who were standing on the steps of my apartment because they were locked out. I left Tristan and Carolin at the checkout, so I could let the other five in. It’s a good thing I left when I did because Tristan and Carolin were having issues with the checkout and didn’t make it back to my place for about another 20 minutes. Not to mention it started to downpour on their way back.

Notice I said five people were waiting? We have added yet another guest to the list; Andrew who is from the great state of Mississippi. After learning more about Andrew while the food was prepared, it was time to eat. The food was delicious despite some of the preparation alterations that had to be made because my kitchen lacks some essential cookware. LOL!

Supper was followed by chilled conversations and the drinking dice game called ‘3-Man.’ Our group of eight went through eight liters of beer and one bottle of wine. Simply, another great night in the Palermo neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment