Friday, August 2, 2013

Horacio Lavandera in Concert! Free!

Friday...it just rolls off the tongue!

This week was a bit more action packed than others because we were hurrying to get the August batching done and prepping for Rachael’s three week vacation in The States starting Wednesday of next week.

Since it was Friday, I started off with the weekly round-up for the Democratic Republic of Congo client. Reading news pertaining to the DRC is always a great way to start your Friday; simply depressing.
Calling it a day a little after 5:00 pm, I was ready to start my weekend off with a bang!

Last Saturday, Jim and Llewelyn told me about this great free concert that was going to be held in Belgrano on Friday. When I heard the words “free” and “great”you didn't have to tell me twice, I was in. They mentioned the ticket office opens at 5 pm and you should grab them early and head to a restaurant or cafĂ© until it was time for the concert at 8pm because if you didn’t you would be standing in line for a while. Lesson learned the hard way because I didn't follow their advice and stood in line for 45 mins…in the cold.

Tonight the performers were Horacio Lavandera & Camerata Bariloche. Horacio Lavandera  is only 29 and has played in some of the most respected venues in the world. At age 16, he won the International Piano Competition Umberto Micheli in Milan. (Plus he must be big because he has his own Wikipedia page. LOL!) Camerata Bariloche also has a impressive track record. This group of 18 musicians has traveled the world and performed at international festivals representing Argentiana.

Catching colectivo 67 back to Palermo, I finished my night off watching another episode from the British miniseries called Utopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment