Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lazy Sunday...Well Kind Of


Today started off a lot like Saturday; minus the movie. My day didn’t really start until the afternoon.

Making a quick lunch and reading up on some current events happening in the US, I was ready for the next part of my day.

I found out yesterday when I went to the gym in the afternoon, the sun heats up the room quite nicely. This led me to make another trip to the gym, not only to work out but to soak in some vitamin D. Another benefit of the gym here is the view I get on a clear day.

Having enough of the gym, I went to work on some training for the World Food Prize. Since the foundation is converting over to a new database, I need to familiarize myself with the new platform. Opening the balcony door and letting the fresh air flow in, I watched tutorials for a good portion of my afternoon.

Needing to figure out what I was going to do for super, I made my way to Jumbo. This would be my third tip to Jumbo this weekend. LOL!

One item I was craving happened to be butternut squash and because it is in season there is an abundance for a reasonable price. As you can see in the picture, I successfully cooked my first squash, and it made a good side for the rest of my meal.

I am finishing up my Sunday writing blog posts and planning a few trips. The first trip possibly happening this week or weekend which is a trip to Uruguay so I can reset my visa.  

On a side note, my Facebook feed is plastered with photos and statuses from the Iowa State Fair. I think this year is the first time I’ve missed it, but at least I’m experiencing it virtually. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment