Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mostacho's...in Des Moines?


Wow…temperature change! The brisk morning weather caused me to wear both my sweatshirt and jacket. However, this is still nothing compared to an Iowa winter so I will take.

After four days without coffee, I was finally able to brew some this morning because the office finally had power to outlets. The electrician discovered that cause of the constant circuit breakage could be one of two things: 1) a faulty outlet adapter in Anish’s office or 2) the fuse wasn’t powerful enough to handle all of the computers we had plugged in.

On this Tuesday I was even reunited with Katie, Nora, and Dante. It was a long four days without seeing them so we had to have some catch-up time. From the sounds of it, I missed an awesome party Nora & Leo hosted this weekend. Hopefully, they host one more before I leave. LOL!

Since Kelly is leaving this week and I will be leaving in September, we had several interviews this afternoon through a program called IES. Nora and Katie also let me interview the interviewees, so I gained some experience to build my resume. After today, I believe we have found two new interns.

Craving another fruit salad from the vegetable/fruit stand down the block, I made my way there only to be turned down because they were completely sold out. Settling for what I thought looked like a good vegetable salad, I was disappointed when I found out it was meant to be cooked as a stew. About 10 minutes in the microwave did the trick, or at least made the contents edible. EPIC FAIL. LOL!

Maybe I should have ordered something from this restaurant. It’s a pizzeria/bar or so the name says. I think this would be a big hit in Des Moines. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment