Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Few of Many Work Conversations

While Iowa was experiencing heat index numbers in the 100s, I was working with the office windows open!

After a chilly start to the week, it looks like the end of the week will be flawless. With temperatures in the low 70s, sunny, and a slight breeze, Buenos Aires begins to tease me with a taste of the spring weather I will be missing.

Spring and fall are the peak travel seasons because winters down here are typically cold while summers are unbearably hot and humid. I’ve even been told by several Portenos I was lucky because this winter was abnormally mild. I’ll take it!

When everyone arrived to the office, we started a side conversation about the experience of traveling alone. The consensus was that it’s the best experience anyone could burden themselves with. I say burden in a good way because it definitely puts an individual out of their own comfort zone and forces them to start everything from scratch.

Our conversations at work are always interesting. I found out a little bit more about why Uplifted is an American company but stationed in Buenos Aires. It mainly has to deal with cost cutting and the difficulties of legalizing a company in Argentina. Legalizing a company is difficult and undesirable here mainly due to Argentina’s unsettled government. On the other hand, operation costs are relatively inexpensive. 

Sadly, this might have been my last night at Liquid Bar because next Wednesday I have an Uplifted networking event I will be attending; however, there is a possibility I will make it back in two Wednesdays (which is the day before I leave). Meeting more people, my night as Liquid was another success!

No comments:

Post a Comment