Friday, August 23, 2013

Two Newbies in the Office

Two new interns have arrived! We have Alex and Shelly both from the IES program, and both from the United States; Cincinnati and Pittsburg, respectfully. Hopefully, Dante’s constant passing of gas didn’t scare them away. It was hilarious.

Being Friday only has one thing in common with every other Friday…Weekly Roundup for the Democratic Republic of Congo client! This week’s events were mixed. At the beginning, you had the rescue of 80+ recruited child soldiers and by the end of the week you had the shelling of M23 controlled areas by the UN and DRC Army.

Still having to purchase my bus tickets to San Antonio de Areco, I did some research and found an outlet in the Palermo neighborhood where I could complete the transaction in cash. Oddly enough it was close to my place when I lived on Soler.

With the guy at Plataforma10 short two pesos for my change, he left the office to go to a nearby Kiosco to break my 10 peso bill. When he came back, he had four pesos in his right hand and a candy bar in the other only to mumble in English, “It all spends the same.” He must have used his commission to purchase the candy bar or the candy bar was on Plataforma10. Sometimes Argentine business practices amaze me. LOL!

I had a hardy supper to prep for my long day tomorrow. My meal consisted of fried potatoes, a chunk of bread, and chicken milanesa/schnitzel; either way it was a breaded cutlet of chicken. Breaded by myself, it was amazing and simple to do.

Having to get up at 6am to reach the Retiro bus station, it is my intention to be asleep by 10pm Buenos Aires time. Intentions are always good, right? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment