Saturday, August 10, 2013

First Taste of Prohibition



Watching a little TV on a Saturday morning from bed never hurts, so that’s exactly what I did. My Saturday was kicked off by watching Los Angeles de Charlie, aka Charlie’s Angles.

Inevitably it was time for lunch after the movie, so I made my way to my favorite panaderia and grabbed a few facturas. I can’t disclose how many I purchased, but they went great with my mate.

Feeling kind of guilty for eating those delicious but artery clogging pastries I had to make a quick visit to the gym. Everything was going smooth until I looked down at my clock. It was 5:00 and prohibition started in 3 hours. It was time to make a trip to the store to grab some liters of beer for tonight’s get together.

You heard me correctly; I made it through my first prohibition. Apparently Sunday is primary voting day starting at 8am. Under Argentinean law, they prohibit the purchase of alcohol form stores and clubs/restaurants 12 hours before polls open and 3 hours after polls close. Read more by clicking here.

Also on my agenda was to clean my apartment before everyone arrived at 7:30(ish). After quickly washing the dishes and sweeping, the place was ready. I now understand why my mom hates hardwood floors; they collect and show a lot a dust and dirt.

Mario arrived a little after 7 pm and we went to grab the ingredients for tonight’s menu…chicken tacos. Supermarket checkouts in Argentina are extremely inefficient. With two people in front of us we stood in line for nearly 20 minutes.

After a massive hunt for some ripe avocados, everyone was in the apartment having a good time. Listening to music, watching YouTube videos, twerking videos, and playing several card games, we had ourselves another successful “What’s Cooking, Good Lookings.”

No comments:

Post a Comment