Sunday, August 25, 2013

Souvenir Shopping? Pssh...Fail!


It was another busy day in Buenos Aires, folks! There were two major items on my agenda; souvenir shopping and visiting the August Underground Market.

My day started off in front of the computer looking at Omnilineas.com mapping out the bus lines for my adventures. Today’s excursion involved making four bus connections; the most I’ve ever done in one day.

The first one was taking line 15 to the Underground Market in Almagro. This event is by far one of my favorite events, and it might be because of all the different food and drink items which are available. From deserts to craft brews to hot sauces to mixed drinks, this place has everything a foodie could desire. Indulging on a piece of carrot cake and washing it down with a homemade brew, I was in paradise. I even found a hot sauce called Devil's Own which made my eyes water, how amazing is that!? LOL!

After a few hours I was off to catch line 86, my passage to the San Telmo feria. This was the first stop on my hunt for souvenirs. Walking down Defensa Street I noticed nothing different from my June excursion. Mates, leather, jewelry, bracelets, and scarfs all plagued the street. By the end of my walk the sun was below the buildings and there was a very brisk breeze making the hairs on my arm stand on end.

Not dressed properly for the cool weather, I stood at the bus stop for line 93...shivering. (Readers in Iowa probably wish they had these cool temps down here because this week heat indexes will reach the 100s up in their part of the world.) With the clunking noise of the bus door opening, I was able to warm up before my next venture out into the brisk weather at the Recoleta feria.  

Arriving 30 minutes before the market closed, I walking attentively through the path way in search of anything that caught my eye. By the end of it all, I walked back with one person crossed off my souvenir list.

With line 95 dropping me off at Santa Fe, I made it home where I have the temperature set at 24 degrees Celsius. Skyping with my dad, mom, and aunt I was ready to call it an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment