Monday, August 19, 2013

Tango Disappointment

Today started off with playing some Truco in bed on my phone, and boy was I on fire! I have to keep my skills sharpened, so I can teach the card game when I arrived back home. Playing for about an hour I rolled myself out of bed and opened the shades to let some sun shine in.

Peering through the glass I could just sense this was going to be another nice day, so I opened my balcony door to freshen the air in my studio. What a great way to eat breakfast, listening to a few birds over the city noise, I will take any sign of nature I can get!
I then remembered the free tickets became available for the World Tango Festival finals at Luna Park. While preparing myself for the journey to Recoleta, I noticed something was different; I didn’t have to wear my coat. Finally! Today was the nicest day, weather-wise, since my arrival in Buenos Aires.

Arriving at the ticket office for the World Tango Festival I noticed there was still a decent sized line. Keep in mind there are two finals, stage and salon, both having around 10,000 tickets available. Ready to secure my spot at Luna Park for the finals, I heard the worst words someone could hear at my position in line, “No more tickets.” It was depressing knowing that 20,000 tickets were gone in less than 2.5 hours. Oh well, so I went and watched today’s competition. The tango is pretty cool, but it appears to involve a lot of footwork.

Afterwards I scoped out the Recoleta feria browsing the stands for souvenir ideas. I did gain a few, but now I’m just gauging how much I will have available to spend and how much room I will have in my suitcase. LOL!

The rest of the evening was spent chilling in my apartment listening to music, visiting the gym, and typing some blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment