Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hablo Espanol, No Ingles


I finally got to Skype with the gang at 2716 Grand, my former office mates! It was refreshing to get an update from them on how things were going in Iowa. The updates they provided were refreshing to hear and ranged from sad to humorous.

Skyping with them made it feel as if I never left; especially when my former boss came into where they were Skyping and chewed them out for not having anyone at the front to welcome clients. Hearing their scolding reassured me that nothing has changed since my departure. (Sorry for getting you guys in trouble, but it gave me a great morning laugh. LOL!)

Being the good intern that I am, I brewed the first pot of coffee. Rachael arrived just as I was finishing another portfolio for our client; decked out in 80s biker style clothes. I think her attire was partly influenced by the great weather. Get this…I almost had to take off my jacket on my walk to work because it was so nice outside. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

Speaking of good things…I believe Buenos Aires is making strides to becoming more eco-friendly. Why do I say this? Well, during the past few weeks green recycling bins and garbage dumpsters have been making their way into the Palermo neighborhood. You can find these newcomers every few blocks.

In June, I couldn’t even tell if they recycled because you would find plastic grocery bags lining the sidewalks. Now, in the areas these new dumpsters are located, I see less and less trash in the gutters. Way to go Argentina!

On a side note, I have my own landline number and periodically I get phone calls…like tonight I got two from Fibertel. Back in Iowa, I remember sometimes playing pranks on telemarketers by saying “Hablo Espanol, no Ingles.” Well ironically down here, I have to say “No hablo Espanol” because I can’t understand the entire conversation, only bits and pieces. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment