Monday, August 5, 2013

Two Turns Into One So Easily



Work started as soon as I walked through the door. Ever since we started our new SEO service, business has been getting pushed back. As a result, we didn’t complete August’s batching by last Friday leaving some leftover blogs to write. I assume by now you know what I did today.

After finishing the portfolio I didn’t finish on Friday, I jumped right into a blog about user-generated videos, and why they are important for a company to encourage their fans to produce them. Once completed it was followed up by another portfolio article.

 Sometimes my co-workers give me a hard time for what my lunch consists of which is typically fruits, vegetables, and/or crackers/cookies, but there are times when I’m starving and I order food with them. Overall, it’s a relatively light lunch because I usually have a heavy supper and I wake up at 10 am. LOL!

Today, I was going to get my typical lunch cookies from the Dia Supermercado across the street, but they were mopping the floor and had the cookie aisle blocked off....damn it! Not knowing how long it was going to take, I traveled a few blocks down Thames to another Supermercado. Eureka! I found my cookies.

Ending the workday a little after 5 pm, I made a trip to grab the ingredients for tonight’s supper. I had two recipes going through my mind: 1) spaghetti with homemade meatballs or 2) what Nora had last night which was a mixture of beef, corn, and cheese. Indecisive me, I couldn’t decide; so I took the best of both worlds and created one dish.

I took the beef and cheese idea from Nora’s recipe, the pasta from my spaghetti idea, and added some spices, onion, and pepper to create this succulent dish out of nowhere. I never cease to amaze myself. I also had some dulce de leche flan for dessert…never again will I purchase the flan mix. I think the texture is kind of gross.

Now I'm about to watch the last episode of Utopia. I need to find out what happens next...it's that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment