Sunday, August 18, 2013

Buenos Aires Natural Food Fair

Needing some extra resting time to recoup from the long day of walking in Colonia, I decided to sleep in until noon. It felt so good!

Today the weather was exceptionally nice; I would have to say upper 60s and not a cloud in the sky. This was the perfect weather to make a trip to the monthly Buenos Aires Natural Food Fair.

Arriving at the park I noticed it was packed. People were sprawled out everywhere soaking in the Vitamin D. Not to mention that the fair was also packed.

At the fair I tried several items but one in particular was barley wine. I’ve heard my coworkers talking about how good it was and that the alcohol sneaks up on you. I finally understood what they were talking about. It definitely quenched my thirst.

After walking around in the park for a while, I went back to my place only after stopping at an chino (a typical supermarket run by a Chinese family) to grab some bananas and a tub of dulce de leche.

Still in the breakfast mood I made these awesome pancakes but used dulce de leche instead of honey. Dulce de leche is the nation's best sweet treat and I couldn’t stop eating it. It’s a good thing I just discovered the soft caramel substance, or I would be returning to The States with diabetes. LOL!

In the afternoon I opened my balcony door, let in the fresh air, and finished the dishes from Thursday’s supper event. Normally the dishes are done the following day or the night of, but I was crunched with time the past few days.

It has been a several days since I made a trip up to the gym, so I worked that into my Sunday schedule. Following up my gym-time with supper I was ready for my first Skype conversation with friend Destiny. It was a good 1.5 hour session.

I then kicked out one blog, and ended the day with an hour Skype call to Aunt Pat. It’s a good thing I purchased the unlimited calling package. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment