Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Dreaded 130 Colevtivo

I can truly say….damn, what a day; more specifically, what an evening.

The day started off as any normal Wednesday would; a nice 30-40 min walk to work followed by the famous hump day news scan. Next up was an article for the video production client talking about why you should use a video for a new feature your business is introducing. As you can see, it was normal.
Then came lunchtime, and I decided to take a leap of faith for my lunch by picking up a meat/cheese assortment from the grocery store on Thames. The ham and the cheese pieces were great, but then they had this salami smoked meat mixed in with it. Some of the pieces were edible and others I had to spit out. It had the texture of eating raw chunks of ham? Beef? I don’t even know. LOL!

After work, my plan was to take the 130 colectivo to La Boca and purchase this Saturday’s ferry ticket to Colonia, Uruguay. After standing in line for nearly 45 minutes, I finally had my ticket. It’s a good thing I left work one hour early.

Another reason of heading there earlier was to make it back home in the daylight; well, that didn’t happen. With the bus taking a good 30-45 minutes to reach La Boca and tacking on the 45 minute wait, I left the foreign place in the dark. Not to mention it was located under the highway overpass. Let’s just say I was more cautious than normal as I walked the streets of La Boca.

Catching up with the 130 colectivo bus to make it back to Palermo, I was crammed in like a sardine for nearly the entire ride. To put the frosting on the cake, I was dropped off by the train tracks at the edge of a park. (Plus, I haven’t had supper yet so I was starving.)

The night was bound to get better eventually. I made my way to Liquid Bar and met up with Ben, Mario, Tristin, and Caro. I also met another some new friends who will likely be joining us for the "What's Cooking, Good Looking #4" event on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment