Thursday, August 29, 2013

Living like a King

As a consequence of a great time last night, I was a little sluggish this morning.

Working on a blog post for the video productions company, I learned all there is to know about budgeting for a product explainer video. Did you know: it typically costs between $2,000 and $4,000 per finished minute for an explainer video? No? Well, now you do! LOL!
Today’s lunch was pretty much awesome! Not only was it a South American dish but the service was excellent. Our office shares a building with a delivery restaurant; we have the top floor while the restaurant has the bottom floor.

Curious to see how their food was, I placed an order for the local stew called locro. It reminded me of bean soup, but contained other ingredients like corn, onions, etc. When my meal was ready they rang our doorbell and to my surprise the guy had the locro in a stylish bowl plate thing. Reaching out to grab the bowl he refused and told me he would take it upstairs. Setting the bowl on the table he accompanied it with what seemed to be a homemade dinner roll.

It was really good despite the finding of several chunks of fatty meat. After I was done I washed their bowl and took it back down to them like a good American.

Tonight was another night of “What’s cooking, good looking?” This time it was held as Sarah and Jonas’s apartment in Villa Crespo, which is close to Uplifted so I went right after work.

THEIR BALCONY IS HUGE! (Plus, it has an asador, aka grill). I have no doubts it will be the perfect place for summer parties and future “What’s cooking, good looking” events…which is such a depressing topic for me.

Our cooking group just keeps growing because this time we had nine with the induction of Samantha, a WWOOFer from Connecticut. Mario and Ben created this killer Peruvian meal which consisted of Civche (raw fished marinated in lemon juice) and a special kind of white sweet potato.  Perfecto!

No comments:

Post a Comment