Saturday, August 3, 2013

Concert Numero Dos!


Having all the intentions to have a lazy Saturday, it didn’t turn out that way.

After I woke up, I decided to listen to some music to start the day off right. After about 30 mins, I was energized and ready to do what I always do on Saturdays…walk around the neighborhood. This little activity kept me occupied for about 3 hours.

I walked through the park and people watched. I saw people doing yoga, making out, playing soccer and cricket, and even practicing medieval sword fighting. Trust me…if you like to observe all sorts of things…walk through the parks of Buenos Aires. LOL! (Except I think it is this way in a lot of the big cities.)

Needing something to rejuvenate my system, I decide to grab some ice cream. I think the flavor dulce de leche is really starting to grow on me, or it could be the fact that it is practically in every snack available to the consumer. LOL!

Back at the apartment, I had a few hours to kill before I had to start my walk to the Saturday concert spot, so I used one of them to watch another episode of Utopia. The other hour was used to type Friday’s blog and to get ready for the concert.

On my walk, I ran across a free show in the park. It had the characteristics of an indie rock band, so having a few minutes to spare, I listened to several of their numbers. Not bad at all, but they were definitely lacking the crowd.

Tonight’s program showcased the Jose de San Martin National Youth Symphony Orchestra, and it was a phenomenal performance; plus, I made some more friends. Before the concert started, I overheard a group of gentleman talking, in fluent English, about their war experiences with the Brits and Germans, so I assumed they were US War Vets. I introduced myself and found out that some were from California, Columbia, Australia, and Argentina. Exchanging contact info, I will possibly meet up with them for supper in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment