Monday, July 1, 2013

Truco...NO...ENVIDO!

If you know me, then you are fully aware I love playing card games.  Well, last night as I was browsing through a cultural book my land lord left for me, I ran across this traditional Argentinean card game called Truco. The game is played with 2, 4, or 6 players divided into two teams, and the concept reminds me of the trick-taking game of Pepper. It is played with a special deck of cards simply comprised of different suits when compared to a regular deck of cards; Clubs, Swords, Gold, and Cups. I will learn this game by the time I leave Argentina. LOL!


 I've concluded my shower is poorly designed, but there is definitely water pressure.  I think I will have to keep a mop in the bathroom because the glass divider just isn’t long enough to stop the water from exiting the stall and ending up on my bathroom floor. 

I’m actually starting to enjoy walking to and from work every day; not only is the weather “pleasant,” but I don’t feel rushed or have that morning road rage like I did in Iowa. LOL! There are even new “situations” every time I walk my route. For example, today, there were two police officers in the liquor store near Ave Santa Fe; either they were just prepping for the work day ahead or the liquor store was reporting a robbery. We will never know.

I news scanned for the first part of my day, and did you know…today, Apple filed trademark papers in Japan for its iWatch? This task was followed up by generating byline ideas for Rachael so she could email reporters throughout the USA hoping to catch a one who would be willing to write an article using information provided from one of our clients.   

After digging into some leftover soup and facturas, I went on the hunt for some Truco cards. My first instinct was Jumbo because of its size, but I was shut down. I ended up finding some at the Kiosco directly across the street from my apartment; who knew they carried cards also?! LOL!

Tomorrow morning at 10 am, I will have my first 2hr Spanish class. Since, Rachael isn’t able to attend her Spanish class tomorrow…I will be filling her spot; back to classes I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment