Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Estoy Enfermo!



I must tell you, when I wake up abnormally early something is wrong. Rising out of bed around 6:45am, I was aching and had a headache from hell. Looks like I wasn’t making it in to work today.

Heading back to bed, I just laid there staring at the colorless white ceiling. It was at this moment I convinced myself I needed to get some medication. The question now was what medication I should get because I was unfamiliar with the Argentinean brands.

 Knowing what to do, I immediately messaged Nico to find out what I should take.  I told him my symptoms and he referenced two brands: Refrianax and Care Plus.

Catching a few more hours of sleep, I was awoken by my alarm set for Spanish class. Being the money conscious individual I am, as you all know, I didn’t want to skip the class and waste my 90 pesos. Emailing the teacher 30 minutes before class, I asked him if we could Skype the lesson; he agreed.

Making it through about 1.5 hours of the 2 hour class, I had to call it quits and head to the pharmacy store. These stores handle personal care items and medications only, and all of the medications are behind the counter.

After purchasing some Refrianax, I made my way to pick up some fruit for lunch and supper from the local market. (If I recall correctly, I might have also picked up 3 facturas while I was out and about. LOL!)

Popping a pill, I sat in bed and watched the movie “The Big Lebowski.” What a classic!

Feeling a bit better in the afternoon, I decided to work from home. Emailing Rachael for an assignment, working from home is exactly what I did the rest of the afternoon. To my surprise everyone else was working from home today because the office was without power. What a coincidence!

Not an exciting day, but definitely one for the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment