Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sundays (AKA Recovery Days)

Getting to bed after 6 am is a clear indicator of a very unproductive day, and today that theory was validated. I didn't even wake up until noon!

As of last night, I have now surpassed my couchsurfing hosting record! I have successfully hosted two people, with number two being Maurice, a landscape architect from the Netherlands! It’s humorous to think about this new record because I’m not from Argentina; yet, I've hosted more people than I did in the United States.

Both of us in desperate need of caffeine, I made some mate while Maurice made some tea. We chilled and talked about each other’s experiences and adventures; you know the typical Couchsurfing talk. I found out he will be making his way through Uruguay, Brazil, Bolivia, and Peru before ending his five month excursion in November.

Needing a better hangover cure, we decided to make some scrambled eggs with tomatoes, ham, and onions. Stopping at the trusty Jumbo, we gathered the ingredients. With the eggs in the pan, we ran into one major issue…we had no salt and you can’t have scrambled eggs without salt! Off to the local Carrefour I went!

After seeing Maurice off, I started downloading some of the photos off my phone while working on my blog posts. Needing a break from writing I decided to again venture out into the very frigid weather (45F) and grab a few facturas. I guess my mind set is to build up my fat layer to help me keep warm. LOL!

I’m pleased to announce…I’m officially caught up with the posts!

For those of you who are not on the couchsurfing site…check out this great reference Maurice wrote!
“An unexpected stay at his couch, but a good one. Lance is a nice guy, interested and very friendly! Thanks for letting me stay on your couch, the great Sunday and just tell me when you visit Holland :)”

(Thanks again, Maurice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment