Saturday, July 6, 2013

An Unexpected Surprise

Is waking up craving chocolate chip cookies a good thing? I ask this because that’s exactly what happened. However, instead of immediately going on the search for those amazing little pieces of black cocaine, I caught the last action of the ladies singles final in the Wimbledon.

Since I never remember seeing chocolate chips in any of the supermercados or Jumbo, I had to resort to the “hunt-and-stumble-upon” method. Personally, I enjoy this method of discovery the most because you never know what you will find.

Unlocking the entrance door to my apartment building and beginning my journey, I noticed the weather wasn't the best today; overcast and a bit windy. Just so you guys can paint a picture about where I live, every morning I’m greeted with the view of a medical center which is on the other side of the street. I guess you could say it’s a perk for my apartment? LOL!
 
This morning was a lot more exciting than the rest. As I turned the corner to head down Juncal street, I noticed there was a cop directing traffic with a lot of bystanders. At first I thought there was a car accident because of the driving skills Portenos have, but then I realized that was not the case. There was a parilla on fire! Good thing there is a medical center nearby. LOL! (BTW…unlike normal Spanish when the double LLs make a “y” sound…in Argentina they make sound like “sh”…so parilla sounds like pa-ri-sha)

I walked down many streets in Palermo SoHo, and went into several dieteticas which are like nutritional stores searching for those chips de chocolate. I found that some of the dieteticas actually carry candy and cookies? I guess they have a different nutrition standard in Argentina. LOL!

All in all, my search was a fail, so I got a cone of ice cream from Burger King. Only having a single 100 peso bill in my wallet and the cone only costing 5 pesos, the cashier was determined to make the sale. After all was said and done, I ended up having 17 five peso bills and 10 one peso coins in my possession.


An eventful day to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment