Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Surviving Hump Day


The day just dragged on, and on, and on…and on.  I wasn’t even the only one who thought so; both Nora and Kelly felt the same way. I would look at the clock on my computer and it would say something like 1:00 pm. After what I felt was 30 minutes of time passing, it only ended up being 10 minutes. (It reminded me of the cartoons or shows where students would watch the second hand inch its way to the dismissal bell, but then it would stop with five seconds to spare.)
Before the grueling long day at the office, I had to make it through my two hour Spanish class. Today’s class was much better than the last few, but when the last 30 minutes came around my attention level did a complete nose dive and ended up in a fiery pile of rubble.

This class also marked my last prepaid class, so now I have to decide if I want to continue. I’m seriously on the edge. Martin is a nice teacher and all, but his teaching style isn’t meshing with my learning style.

I also played the role of an electrician at the office this afternoon. I mean I just had to flip the breaker switch several times because something in breaking the outlets’ circuit. We have it narrowed down to the power strips in the marketing office, but why now and not a month ago? That is the question.

I made my way to Liquid Bar tonight and met up with Mario for a few beers and a whiscola. Like always, I made friends with a number of international travelers; Caro from Germany, Evan from neighboring Wisconsin, and Praveen from Delhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment