Monday, July 22, 2013

Yep...Definitely Winter

Talk about a slap in the face this morning from Mrs. Argentina Winter. It was probably the coldest day since I've been down here. Highs barely reached 45 degrees, and my morning walk to work was simply brutal. Next time, I'm definitely taking the bus. I didn't do it today because I was too lazy to walk two blocks south to Uriarte street; however, instead I walked the 15 + blocks work. My logic was definitely absent morning. LOL!

News scanning it up, I ran across this great article talking about some amazing lentils grown in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Dubbed "Gorilla Beans," these are malnutrition warriors come packed with tons of protein, double the iron and over 70% more zinc than normal beans. 

I finished the day off composing an article for Uplifted which analyzes several infographic creation programs available on the internet. Later this week the article should be published live on the site after it goes through technical editing, but that is not the best part. The best part is it will be published under my name! Can you say, "Resume builder!" LOL.

I told myself I would catch a bus home after work, but waiting at the bus stop and watching the bus pass by I decided to just hoof it back to my place. (I have to use an animal reference every now and then to stay true to the blog's title. LOL!)
Tonight Maurice, Mario, and Elizabeth came over to cook supper. Mario made some killer chicken tacos while Elizabeth made fantastic guacamole! With Mario and Elizabeth busy doing the dirty work, Maurice and I were busy with a game of War.

After a great supper we sat and talked about cultural differences because we were all from different parts of the world; Mario from Venezula, Elizabeth from Columbia, Maurice from the Netherlands, and me..well, from the United States. Maybe we can make this into a weekly occurrence testing different dishes. (Maurice...u can cancel your boat ride to Uruguay. LOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment