Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Back To The Job...And Liquid Bar

With the 4 day weekend over, it was time to get back into the work day routine; waking up at 10 am, taking a shower, brushing my teeth, getting dressed, packing my computer, etc. Everything was the same, repetitive process except this time there was a friend crashed out on my couch.

After a few days of getting to know Nico, I could see he was a trustworthy individual, so I gave him the keys to my apartment. Talk about a true couchsurfer host personality. Through my Couchsurfing adventures, I’ve had several people lend me keys to their apartment, and now I see how easy it was for them to do so. I just gave him the rule to be back by 5:30 pm so I could get into my room…and he was there to buzz me in.

 It was Wednesday so that meant a two hour Spanish class lesson in the morning followed by the Wednesday news scan but only after brewing a pot of coffee. 

(Since it has almost been a week since last Wednesday, I’m unsure what other tasks I had during my workday. LOL! I swear I have the memory of an 80 year old with dementia.)

Returning back to my apartment it was time to figure out what to do in the evening. I suggested we hit up Liquid Bar later because of their drink specials, and Nico was definitely game. Having made our late night plans, the real question came down to what do we do until then?

The answer: FACTURA RUN! We made our way down the block to pick up some facturas at the local panaderia, and that is what our supper consisted of…facturas and mate. Not a bad combination at all! The night also consisted of Skyping with Nico’s friend, Javi from Rio Cuarto, while pregaming by drinking fernet menta.

Arriving at Liquid Bar, we met up with mi amigo Mario on the dance floor. I enjoy Liquid Bar not only because of the drinks, but because I always meet new people. I met a flirty girl from Norway who helped me order a few Cuba Libres, but when I turned by head to talk with Nico I glanced back to see her making out with another dude at the bar. LOL! We also met this other wasted chica who was an acrobat heading to Berlin at the end of the month. Talk about the diversity.  After several drinks I needed to call it a night because I had to work the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment