Friday, July 19, 2013

An Act of Kindness

You now have another reason to call me a gentleman.

This morning as I was turning the corner of Juncal and Godroy Cruz, I literally saw an elderly lady tumble to the ground. Being the first respondent, I helped her upright until another man and woman came to assist me because even though I knew what to do, I had no clue what she was saying. The damn language barrier strikes again.

I will say not being able to fully understand what someone is saying is frustrating; especially, when someone, like me, is used to being so social.

Another thing I've noticed about most Argentinians is that they are fairly respectful and willing to lend a helping hand. The respect is not as good as what you get in Iowa, but for being one of the largest cities in the world, I would say it is better than most large US cities like Chicago and New York.

Since Nora just got back from The States, she brought back some Peanut Butter Snickers and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for the office...oh man were they good! The family sized bags didn't even last two days.

Craving pizza for lunch, the office decided to order two large mozzarella pizzas from Ugis. All we needed next were a few liters of Budweiser and we would be set for an interesting afternoon!  


Now with the start of the weekend, I leave you with an image of a Buenos Aires sunset.

2 comments:

  1. We had pizza last night with Nancy and Dave. Caseys pizza with cheesy bread sticks (they're special for the month)
    Great sunset - and good job Mr. Good Samaritan! So proud of you! Did she give you a tip? Chocolate chip cookies perhaps?
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CASEY'S PIZZA!!?! Do you there there are enough preservatives in the pizza to make it all the way down to Argentina still fresh? lol JK

      Delete