Monday, July 15, 2013

A New Means Of Transportation


My morning walk to work was definitely a strange one. Typically, I stroll past numerous people walking their dogs, scrubbing down their portion of the sidewalk, groups of guys drinking mate on their door steps, you know….the typical Buenos Aires city stuff.

On the streets were the distinctive yellow roofed, black bottomed taxis intermixing themselves with the stick-shift cars and the Linea 34 Colectivos, but something was new. Something I haven’t seen before during my many morning jaunts to the office. Then the familiar 4-H parade chant miraculously returned to my head after nearly 10 years.

 “Pooper scoopers scoop the poop; keep the streets nice and neat. Sound off: 1…2. Sound off: 3 – 4. Sound off:...4-H!” LOL!
 
There was actually a horse and buggy making its way down Godoy Cruz! Seeing them in the city before, I knew where it was headed. There is a group consisting of about five buggies that station themselves in the Plaza Italia near the Zoo. I just never ran into one during the morning.

I also ran across this breathtaking music video during the Monday news scan; literally, it is “breathtaking.” (95% of the time I’m on task, but there is that 5% where my mind just simply wanders…especially if it is something that interests me.) LOL!

Back at my place, I made supper and returned to my gym routine. When I return to Iowa, I will return with abs of steel, you just wait; but that is dependent on the rate of my factura consumption. LOL! My night was finished off by writing a few blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment