Friday, July 26, 2013

Office Outing

Normalcy Friday!

The work place was back up and running; I guess power was juicing the office since the early afternoon hours on Thursday.

Our office goes through so much coffee it is crazy, but it is just because our grounds are that good. LOL! With that statement you probably guessed it; the office was without coffee…again. Katie was bringing in the beans but not until 2, so how was the office going to operate until then? Specialty coffees from Starbucks!
When I got back to the office with the four grande coffees, Katie had just arrived. Since Saturday marks Katie’s birthday, the office was going to help her celebrate by heading out to a bar after-hours. In the meantime, Nora made some chocolate chip and banana muffins for the office

Around 5:30, I decided to take my laptop back to my place so I didn’t have to lug it around in the evening after I've been drinking. I also cooked up some supper, and got ready for the night.

Arriving back at the office, they had several liters of Stella open along with a few bags of Doritos, so I joined in on the fun! With time passing 8, and the bar’s happy hour from 8-9, we decided it was time to hit up Ocho7Ocho.

This bar is hidden in a semi-residential area a few blocks behind our office. With no sign and just a bouncer standing outside, anyone with an untrained eye could miss it.

We had a nice sized group at the bar, about 12-15 people. Talking, drinking, talking drinking, time just flew by, but now it was shwarma time!



After downing a very tasty 30 peso shwarma wrap in no time at all, the group started to disperse. Jonathan, his wife (Helene?), and myself were the only ones left, so we made our way to the next bar. At this Mexican themed bar on Goritti and Thames we had several Coronas. Rachael was going to meet up with us but there was some confusion as to which bar because the restaurant to this bar was the original bar location and was located across the street; where she ended up going. Grabbing one more corona for the road, we sat in Plaza Serrano drinking away. Drinking in public? What?! I’m not in Iowa anymore. LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment