Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bike Friendly? You Decide.

July 3rd never seemed so dull, until you spend it in a country outside of the United States. On the positive side, Davis invited the coworkers and I to a 4th of July asado at his place! This will be my first asado in Argentina, and I hear they are definitely something every foreigner has to try. I will explain what an asado is in an upcoming post, but for now you can think of it as the Argentine version of a BBQ.

Buenos Aires is a very bike friendly town; well kind of. Riding a bike on the streets can be treacherous because road lines are simply invisible during heavy traffic hours. One good thing Buenos Aires did for their bikers happens to be providing them with secure bike lanes. In the picture, notice the use of barriers dividing car traffic and bike traffic? If those were absent, I’m 100% sure the bike lane would become just another car lane. The lesson here: Buenos Aires drivers make their own rules.

Nothing beats hump days, except maybe Fridays. LOL! News scanning took up the first portion of my day, followed by commenting. Commenting was something new for me, but it's a very simple concept. One of the reasons for the news scan is to find article relevant to our clients. In turn, we will read those articles and comment on behalf of our client, giving them a presence for when others read the article. I finished my day working for the candy company by following some Tweeters on Twitter.

Supper was nothing grand. I made this simple butternut squash soup (which was pretty good) because their squash is in season and can be found everywhere. Making my way up to the weight room I noticed the building was having plumbing issues because as soon as I opened the door to the stairwell it was as if I stepped straight into a massive puddle. First thought that came to mind was the Titanic. LOL!

I hope you all have a great 4th of July, and I will be celebrating at the asado tomorrow after work!


‘Merica!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous! I wish I could be at an asado for the 4th! Make the most of it and try a little bit of everything- molleja, morcilla, chinchulines in addition to the "normal" (see: US-American) meats. The majority are really good =)

    ReplyDelete