Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Forget Plasic Jugs, Put It In Plastic Bags

I will give it to Argentina, I believe in the way they package some of their food products.

In the United States you see milk in plastic gallon, 1/2 gallon, or liter jugs. Not only does this packaging method use more plastic, but takes up more space when being shipped. A majority of the United State's condiments like ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, etc, are packaged in the same plastic container.

When we look at Argentina, things are a but different. A lot of the products I previously mentioned are sold in plastic bags. Not only do they use less plastic, but they take up less shelf space. Some places in Buenos Aires, such as Jumbo, even charge a small fee of 15 centavos for each plastic bag used.

Stepping down from my high horse, I can now tell you about my day. LOL! The weather was spectacular! I would say low to mid 60s, sunny, and light and variable winds. It would have been a great day to walk in the park Nico helped me discover.

I honestly can't remember what I did at work. I think I worked on creating a list containing all the 200-something blogs we wrote for our video production client; jotting down the title and providing a link to the post. That sounds good, so I will go with that. LOL!

For supper I used some of the weekend's leftover noodles and created this simplistic, flavorful pasta. Since I'm a skim milk drinker I used the 3% milk Nico and I bought for the mac & cheese to make dulce de leche pudding. After supper, it was gym time followed by some blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment