Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Nice Shade of Pink


I woke up extra early today because my plan was to publish a few blog posts from the office. Little did I know what was in store for me upon my arrival.

I made it to work 30 minutes before my normal time, giving me the perfect amount of time to do what I had to with The Rural Iowan blog. Everything looking normal I went to turn on the lights….no power. Pondering for a little about what my next action should be, I decided to head to a cafĂ© and shoot out an email to the rest of the gang warning them about the power issue. Just as I was about to head out the second set of doors, I decided to look at the main fuse box. With the flip of a switch, we were back in business.

Getting the coffee maker ready to brew some delicious morning joe, I pushed the on button and…nothing. Thinking it was the outlet I moved to another room, again…nothing. After about 3 rooms, I knew it was the coffee pot. I went to check one more fuse box which was located in Anish’s office. Flipping a few breakers, the coffee was brewing. NOW, we were back in business; what a morning. LOL!

I must have been in a helping mood today because on my walk home I ran into a stranger with a broken down car and a policeman attempting to push it to the curb. Seeing them struggle a bit, I went to help the policeman push. Maybe this will get me a free pass out of jail if I ever end up in the Argentinean slammer. (Now, I want to play Monopoly.) LOL!

With water restored at the apartment, I did some of my laundry. When I opened the washing machine door, I noticed my nice white bath towels weren’t white anymore but a nice shade of pink. I forgot about the new red dish towel I tossed in last minute. I guess you have to learn the hard way periodically. 

I also discovered Argentina's definition of a MILF sprayed on the side of a building along my walking route.

No comments:

Post a Comment