Thursday, July 11, 2013

Rainy Day and Hamburguesas After Midnight

WOW…THURSDAY! This could only mean one thing…another work day. LOL!

Today at work, I had to knock out a few blog posts by the end of the day. One was for the candy company and the other for the video production company. The blogs were actually really interesting to write. For the candy post, I wrote it in a way listing foods that would pair well with the company’s candy. I provided five different pairings, one pairing for each meal of the day. For the video production post, I specified how a company can brand themselves in an explainer video. Both were interesting topics for me, so I had a fun time writing them.

With the work day over, I walked back to my place…in the rain. This was the first day it rained while I was commuting to or from work. There was one point during my walk when I had to wait under an awning because the rain was coming down pretty good. LOL! I would have rode the bus back, but I missed it by a block. Bastards!

I again buzzed up to my apartment because Nico was still crashing at my place. It’s strange being let into your own apartment, but I was okay with it because I enjoy the company! (Plus, he did the dishes) LOL!

Since it was a crappy day, we decided not to head out tonight. However, I must mention the rain didn’t stop us from grabbing some more facturas!

One of the games I wanted to learn from Nico was Truco, so today was the perfect day to learn. Facturas, mate, and Truco…can it get anymore Argentine than that? LOL! We also played my version of Speed and his version of Speed; overall, I was having a great time learning new card games!

Cultural Exchange! On the left: Mate & Spanish Cards;
On the right: English Cards & The Hawkeyes! (GO HAWKS!)
Having no sense of time, we looked at the clock and noticed it was 1 or 2 in the morning and we haven’t ate yet. We frantically looked for places that delivered but they were all closed, so we decided to hit up Kentucky
Pizza. One thing we found out was that they are not a 24/7 restaurant and were also closed. As we were looking for a place to grab food other than McDonalds, we noticed a restaurant a few blocks down Avienda Santa Fe who had an open ed sign illuminated. Perfecto!

Grabbing two$35 peso hamburguesas y papa fritas to-go, we made our way back to the apartment. These were MASSIVE hamburgers and were clearly enough for two meals, but starving and being guys we both ate our entire sandwiches only leaving only maybe a bite or two. These were consumed while watching a mini British series called Utopia. By 3 or 4 am I was ready to pass out!

1 comment:

  1. Gringo:
    I must admit I'm a HUGE fan of your blog. You certainly have some amazing writing skills. Being back in Rio Cuarto and reading your words is a bit strange (in a good way, of course!), though, 'cause it makes me feel like I'm a character in a story, like in a novel or so.
    Through this week you've become a great friend, and being roomates is an experience I won't forget (sometimes you just click with some people, right?!).
    Not only we have some very cool memories (like the time we went to Teatro Colon and ended up soaked in one of the most expensive and chic historical buildings of BA, or going to La Bomba for your bday), but also we had this little great rutine of "facturas and mates while playing truco and cooking dinner and then watching Utopia" that made my trip so much better! remember the ravioli we cooked? delicious!
    Btw, you certainly became way more argentinean, che, having mates and sharing stories with friends is something we do almost every day.

    All in all, I had the time of my life discovering the city and spending time with you.
    No words would be enough to thank you.
    I really hope I have the chance to do the same for you soon, as in recieving you here and showing you how my life goes in my hometown (not to mention, having GREAT MEALS, which you know I die for).

    MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS AMIGASO! un abrazo enorme!!!

    PS: you're hiding some information, for instances:
    1)I DEFEATED YOU IN BOTH ARGENTINEAN AND AMERICAN CARD GAMES... And then you say how often you play in America and how good you are... please!
    2)When I was a bit down ("a bit") you really cheered me up with music and facturas. Only great people take their time to make others feel happy.
    3)you didn't quite get the whole utopia thing... I still don't know why...
    (I could go on and on, but I decided not to bore you with memories we both know!)

    AGAIN! thank you for everything, you're AWESOME!

    See you in Rio Cuarto (just let me know when you're coming so i get food)

    CHAU!

    (sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes)

    ReplyDelete