Monday, July 8, 2013

La Bomba De Tiempo!

Spending my birthday in a different country was amazing, and it wasn’t just any normal birthday…it was my 25th! Even though I missed heading out to the Court Avenue Des Moines bars with my friends in Des Moines, I still had a great time.

The highlight of my day was definitely in the evening when Nico and I went to check out La Bomba de Tiempo. Attending the show is a must when in Buenos Aires. It’s a rhythmic dream beyond anything else.

Since attending the show is one of the top things to do in BA, a lot of my friends have already seen it. It was our turn to experience what all the hype was about.

La Bomba de Tiempo, or The Time Bomb, is a weekly percussion party that drums sound through the Abasto neighborhood in Buenos Aires. Just think…on my birthday seeing a 17 piece improvisational percussion group led by over 100 hand, finger, and body signals…one word comes to mind; unforgettable!

When we arrived at the Konex we noticed there was already an extensive line making its way down the block. Once in the venue, we grabbed a liter of Quilmes and started to enjoy the show. Both of us being rather social, making friends wasn’t hard. Nico was able to flawlessly make friends with a lot of Spanish speaking people, while I made a few connections with several few girls from New York. LOL!  We also ran into this cool group of Uruguayans and spent the last part of the show hanging out with them while drinking fernet.


The night was finished off by a visit to Kentucky pizza, which happens to be only a few blocks away from my place. Can you imagine the thought of a mozzarella engulfed disk of dough doused with Italian spices chased with some beer while having a conversation with a friend…sounds like a good time to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment