Friday, July 12, 2013

Everyone Needs A Semi-Lazy Friday

I woke up to one song blaring through my mind… “It’s finally Friday, I’m free again!” 


It sure brought back memories of when I was younger driving to school/work and every Friday morning hearing that song play on the radio. CLASSIC! Little did I know this Friday was going to be jammed full of tasks.

My master plan was to ditch work a little earlier so I could start my weekend sooner because my roommate, Nico, was still chillin' in the city for the weekend. LOL! I can always dream, right? After working on Friday's news scan and cranking it out in decent time, I started on the weekly round-up for the pro bono DRC client.

For the round-up, I combined all of the DRC articles from the news scans throughout the week into one summary article. What a depressing task. The Democratic Republic of Congo is a country being ruled by greed and violence.

Before I could finish and post the article, I was snagged by Rachael and Katie to work on this high priority task that took some time. It was for an online grocery store here in Buenos Aires, and we had to mull through their entire website and create page titles and meta-descriptions. (At least that is what we thought and did.) With the time inching past 5 pm, I had to get back to my place.

Opening the door to my apartment, I noticed everything was clean. It was an awesome surprise because the place was a mess when I left. Thank you, Nico! Unpacking my computer on the table, I had to finish some work from home because the weekly round-up wasn’t posted.

Spending about an hour finalizing the post and trying to figure out how the photo plugin worked for Wordpress, I had enough and tossed in the towel.

Listening to the day's adventures Nico had was just what I needed, and I started to make a list of places I had to see before I leave Buenos Aires. With time sneaking past 8 pm, we decided we better hit up our panaderia so we could snag some more facturas. While we were making that run, we also picked up some “homemade” raviolis for supper.

Back with our stockpile of facturas and two boxes of raviolis, it was time to make supper. The pasta was extremely good, and we had enough to satisfy our hunger.

Deciding not to head out to a restaurant wasn't a spur of the moment decision, it was planned. Just like in the US, eating out can get expensive and we were both strapped for cash. This situation also prevented us from heading out to the bars, so we ended up watching another episode of the addicting Utopia series. “Where is Jessica Hyde?” LOL! 
Just a lazy Friday after a busy day at work…you need one of those every once and a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment