Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Forgot About My Month Anniversary!

I forgot to mention yesterday was my one month anniversary of living in Buenos Aires! I can’t believe how fast the first month just flew by; putting things into perspective, July 4th is only a few days away, the Gladbrook Corn Carnival has already come and gone, this upcoming Monday will be my 25th Birthday, followed by the Felix Grundy Festival next weekend. WOW! With a just a blink of an eye, I could married and have kids. (Totally kidding btw LOL!)
I've received several questions pertaining to whether or not, Argentina or I will be celebrating the 4th of July. Well, sadly the 4th means nothing down here in Argentina, but will that stop me from having a few celebration drinks? Of course not! LOL! I’m sure there will be other Estados Unidos expats getting together to celebrate the 4th, but it wouldn't be anything grand. The 9th of July will be a different story because that date is Argentina’s Independence Day.

My first Spanish lesson went well. I need to do some rehashing of the basics because I forgot them since my junior year of High School…go figure. Today, we learned about the -AR, -IR, and -ER verbs. I will give the Martin, my teacher, until the end of July, and the I will determine if I’m progressing because it is hard to tell after one class. I will say the teacher is extremely nice, and I thank Rachael for hooking me up; despite the fact I almost gave up on finding his place because I believe he gave me the wrong address. LOL! (I was only a few minutes late.)

Arriving at work, I started where I left off with the five portfolio writings. It took me until 5 pm to finish because I just wasn't in the writing mood. In this profession, as with any, you have your “on-days” and your “off-days,” today definitely was an off-day.

Now that I’m in my new place, I've packed my nights full! Unlike, June where I just wrote my blog posts and watched NetFlix, I’m left to believe I will have packed nights for the remained of my time in BA. A typical night now consists of: a 45 min walk home, weight room visit, cooking supper, writing the blog post, and practicing my Spanish. Looks like I won’t be reading much of the two books I brought along.

Here is a photo of just one piece of graffiti art that paints my work route. I swear if I took pictures of all the different pieces of graffiti, I could make a path that would stretch from BA to Iowa and back; hypothetically speaking of course. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment