Thursday, July 4, 2013

The King of Beers

Happy 4th of July!

Weather forecasters in Buenos Aires should consider incorporating question marks in their predictions. Looking at the weather yesterday, they listed an 80% chance of rain…by 8:30 pm…we might have only received a drop or two. I will mention it was a bit foggy on my way home from work.

I know I mentioned something about going to a 4th of July asado after work; unfortunately, that didn’t happen because Davis and Withers were stranded in Puerto Madero. I heard the reason was due to a protest because of commuter train conductor strikes that happened on the 3rd of July. Here are two articles about the strikes...one for the reason, and another for the protesting. Did that stop me from celebrating the forth? No way!

Despite not having the asado, I still picked up some of the typical asado meats and an American Budweiser beer! I had two chorizos, which are like pork sausage links, and I wanted to try one morchilla, which after the fact I found out it was Spanish blood sausage. Never the less, I won’t be trying morcilla again. It did wash down nicely with the liter of Budweiser that was less than 9 pesos (about $1.50 using the official rate.)

Boosting the friends on Twitter and Facebook for our video production client was the task for today. Searching the ever so massive twitter directory I found companies who had potential for become clients, so I befriended them on behalf of the client. This will go hand-in-hand with our version of search engine optimization, when they purchase that additional service. I finished the day off with batching for the Democratic Republic of Congo pro bono client.

Tonight was a quiet evening for being the 4th of July. I kept my weight lifting routine in full swing, as well as my Spanish lessons through Duolingo. Living alone isn't bad as long as you keep yourself busy; which I've been doing quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment