Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ultimate Frisbee...ARG Style!


There was nothing to complain about (weather-wise) this Sunday. Sunny, hardly any wind, and warm; basically, a perfect day for outdoor activities.

I started my morning off with a stroll in the nearby park. There were tons of people running, rollerblading, walking their dogs, playing hockey and soccer...all having a great time. I even was told about an “Immigrants Day Fair” by Llewelyn that I just had to make a stop and check out.
She also told me that every Sunday there is a free public workout class from 9:30 until noon(ish). For the first portion you walk/run for 30 minutes as a warm up. Next you can take part in a Latin dance class which is very quick moving. Then depending on the day, the dance portion is followed up by Pilates or yoga. It is remarkable what Argentina offers the public that is free. They also give free health screenings during the fitness class.

Being the “if they can do it, I can do it” type of individual, I went and bought the ingredients needed to make those medialunas I always end up buying practically every day after work. LOL! However, since it was too nice outside to bake, I was going to save that project until the end of the day.

I finally meet up with the ultimate frisbee couchsurfing group! I played a good 1.5 hours. Rules were a tad bit different than what I'm use to in Iowa, but I adapted quickly. It was great because they were mini games to 3 and the winning team got to play the next opponent. All this time I thought I was in shape….wrong. LOL!

With nightfall around the corner, I made my way back to the apartment because I had a lengthy agenda ahead of me. This agenda was quickly reduced when I found out the apartment complex was having problems with the water and I wasn’t able to do any laundry. (It still sits in my apartment in a pile waiting to be washed.) Having no water, also meant no shower, and after playing Frisbee…I definitely needed one.
Update on the medialunas… I think I will continue to just buy them because they weren’t the best. Damn. It’s kind of depressing when you keep striking out when it comes to cooking (first the mac & cheese and now these), I need my grill. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment