Friday, June 28, 2013

'Twas the Night Before the Big Move


I dished out a lot of US Dollars in Buenos Aires today, but it was for a good reason. Shelling out $1,950 ($1,450 for 2.5 month rent and a $500 deposit), I am pleased to announce there will be no further accommodation needs throughout the rest of my stay.

Today, at 12:00pm, I officially became a resident of Barrio Palermo. I rented a decent studio in proximity to the US Embassy and will be there until I depart on September 12, 2013. This means I now have my own address, so if you want to send me a letter or package…email me and I will send you the address. (Another positive, my studio is even closer to my beloved Jumbo. LOL!)


Even though I now have my own place, I’m still spending tonight at Vera’s house. This is partly due to the reason I have laundry that needs to be done, and I’m currently in that process as I type this post.

Including this apartment, I had to carry around a total of 6 keys today; 3 for the office, 2 for my studio, and 1 for Vera’s house. Most of the keys down here are quite different compared to the US. I feel as if I’m carrying around a bunch of 1950s skeleton keys. LOL!

Everyone knows I’m a definite gentleman, and if you don’t, you are about to believe in that statement. On my way home from work, I decided to purchase a bouquet of flowers for Vera because she has been extremely helpful during the first month of my stay. Providing me with maps, tips, and advice, I felt it would be a kind Iowan gesture…represent!

At the office, I did the weekly Friday news scan, and ran across several relevant articles for each of our clients. After the news scan was finished, I had to fix a few links on our video production company’s YouTube account; 42 links to be exact.

I left the office a little after 5pm because I wanted to organize a few things in my new place. The best part about the studio is that it came fully furnished and equipped for an expat’s stay.

Tomorrow or Sunday I will post images of my new place because the goal it to move there sometime between 10am-12pm. Also, if anyone is feeling the urge to take a vacation…after 12pm on Saturday, you will have a place to stay in BA. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment