Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Tour of my June Home

Ah...Sunday...the day of rest, so that is exactly what I did. (Well..most of the day LOL!) Since nothing really exciting happened today, now would be the perfect time for me to take you on a tour and show you where I've been living my life for the month of June; a quaint house on Soler and Humboldt streets. I hope you're ready!

This is the first room after opening the door, and gave me the first impression of her place. When Vera's guests (aka me) want to have company over, this is the room where they can entertain.












This was the second room on my welcome tour. Attached to the first room, this open lounging space is also for Vera's guests to entertain their company. If I ever wanted to watch TV, I would do it in this room.



Walking down a hallway past Vera's bedroom and a bathroom, I arrived in Vera's living area. This kitchen and living room were off limits. (The chair in the corner is where Vera spends her time knitting and listing to talk radio.)











Next we traveled up the stairs to the second floor. When I made it up to the top of the staircase, immediately to my left was Vera's computer room. In this room, you will mostly likely find Kuna sleeping while Vera plays solitaire on the computer.








Here is the upstairs; basically, it the 3 guest rooms and their bathroom. The bathroom is the first door on the left and my room being the 3rd door on the left at the end of the hallway.












Here is my bathroom and shower. The weird thing about the toilet is the flushing mechanism is on the top and you have to pull it up to flush instead of pushing down on a lever like in The States. This happens to be the way a majority of the toilets are down here.
For the last part of the upstairs, we visit my living quarters. A night stand, twin sized firm bed, and a computer desk made up my room. Cozy but good enough to meet my needs.






Heading back down the stairs, we arrived to the guest's kitchen. Fully equipped with everything I needed to make my own meals. This has been a common area where I've ran into Julieta and Vanesa.











Exiting the kitchen through some sliding doors, I arrived in Vera's back yard. You don't dare walk in the grass far because this small space happens to be Kuna's bathroom. I took this picture from the steps leading up to the terrace.
Lastly we reached the terrace. A perfect spot to have a cup of tea or mate and just soak in the vitamin d because sunlight hits it a good majority of the day. This is where I also hung my clothes to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment