Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Kibbeh...Essentialy Raw Beef


One thing I still find amazing about Buenos Aires is the fact I’m living in almost two completely different worlds. When I walk to work around 10:45am every morning, it’s like the plague has knocked out all the businesses on my route.  About half of the stores are hidden behind graffiti decorated steel garage-style doors and blend perfectly into their surroundings. Come nightfall, or when I get off from work around 6pm, the atmosphere is alive again, and my route is much more interesting to walk.

There are a wide variety of stores in the Palermo neighborhood, most of them specialty stores. I walk by numerous restaurants, several chair sores, a stationary store, a store that sells only light fixtures, a frame shop, the list is honestly never ending, but that’s a good thing because if it wasn’t that way, I wouldn’t find these crazy fixtures on the sidewalk to catch my attention. LOL.

Today was Jason’s last day, so lunch was on Uplifted. We went to Sarkis, the king of Buenos Aires Armenian food, and had some amazing dishes; hummus, skewered chicken and beef, and raw kibbeh! Raw kibbeh was by far the most interesting dish because it was essentially finely ground raw beef mixed with bulgar wheat and spices. I know what you are thinking, but you can’t dis it until you try it.

Jason taught me some of the basics about how he managed the pro bono client and they will be very helpful down the road. Other than that, I started working on filling in information for July’s upcoming batching week.  

As I’m working on hunting down a Spanish teacher, I’m using a web service called Duolingo to help me with my Spanish deficiency. I also might have had a break through on my apartment search, but I don’t want to give any more details until I know for sure; I can’t jinx it. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment