Friday, June 7, 2013

The Band Lavail


Lavial @ L'arc 6-7-13

Last night was another night of adventure in good ol’ Buenos Aires, Argentina. It started when my flatmates invited me to have supper with them. Vanesa and Nicolas were very nice and welcoming, plus Vanesa made a great torta. Both were interested in learning about my home town and where I grew up, so I told them. I kept the questions going by asking them in return questions about their hometown, La Plata, because I’m a curious one as well. After showing each other pictures and such, they invited me to go with them to L’arc, which is a night club about six blocks from where I’m living. So far all of the clubs here have been been similar to those in Las Vegas.

Here we watched a live Argentinean band called Lavial.
Even though I had no clue about what was being said through the microphone, I acted as I did, mimicking what I was hearing. As in Rome, do as the Roman’s do. That’s the motto to live by when down here. There is also a definite difference between bars in the United States and bars in Argentina…smoking is allowed.

Since I got back to my place at 3am, I didn’t wake up until 10:30am , but don’t you worry, I made it to the office by noon.  Being the first one at the office it was my duty to start the coffee, so I dumped some grounds in the maker and just let the aroma simmer in the air. Finishing my blog batch and news scanning, “hell week” was over. One cool thing about working for a tech company in a marketing firm is that you get to see things before the public does.
Vanesa, Nicolas, Nicolas's Friend, Me
I’m about to start my first official weekend in Buenos Aires…things will be great as long as I don’t run out of pesos. I will definitely need to convert some dinero over early next week, or I will be broke.

Did you know? The night life in Buenos Aires is extremely different. In Iowa, bars close at 2am, but in Buenos Aires, pre-gaming starts around 10:30pm…then you head to the bar between12:30-2am…finishing the night off strong until 4-6am.

No comments:

Post a Comment