Monday, June 17, 2013

Ah...Chinese Food, Finally!

Cravings…many cravings haunted me throughout my day. Mexican food from La Carreta; loaded potato pizza from Fong’s Pizza, and even Hy-Vee Chinese food; yes, I know the craving variety was beyond abnormal, but they were all present. Almost every block in Palermo has at least one restaurant on it and sometimes two! It’s a food-lovers paradise. I guess it is a perk of the big city life!


Work was a typical Monday, and several Snapchats from friends made me feel I wasn’t alone. The first item of business was to news scan. I found several great articles; in fact, I ran across Google’s “Project Loon” and got side tracked for a little bit reading about that particular project. Google never ceases to amaze me. Since Jason’s last day is tomorrow, I was labeled as one of the primary individuals for our pro bono Congo client. Things could get interesting with myself being a leader on this project, but I will defiantly be learning a lot about the conflict going on in Congo.

When I made it to a good stopping point, I called it a day and headed home. I took a different route home tonight, so I could hunt down some new restaurants. After walking a little out of my way, I didn’t see anything that fulfilled my cravings, so I trekked home. I put my backpack on the chair, went to the restroom and it was out the door to go on the search again. This time I had a plan…Chinese food.

I finally found a Chinese restaurant about 10 blocks away and ordered some beef chow mein; so good and plentiful portions. I will be able to make two meals from it; score one for Lance! Plus, the Chinese food craving was vanquished; score two for Lance! I still find Buenos Aires’s supper time strange, I was the only one in the restaurant at 7:00pm. LOL!

With two weeks left living with my host, I’m frantically hunting down an apartment. I’m sure I will find one, but the question remains if it will meet my strict qualifications…mostly the price and location factor. I guess time will tell. Oh yea…I’m still searching for a Spanish teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment