Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Beef, It Was For Dinner



With Buenos Aires being one of the largest international cities in the world, there is a wealth of “insider” information available on the internet. Not only are they interesting to read, but these sites are the source of my information, the backbone of adventures, and the explainer of the Buenos Aires "dos-and-don’ts." When traveling to any foreign destination it is always smart to do a little digging and fact finding prior your departure.

In general... I tend to find personal blog sites to be more helpful than big corporate sponsored ones. They tell you straight-up how it is and provide their own honest input about the location. Now if I was curious about what was happening in the news, I definitely turn to more reliable corporate sources. The following sites are some of the ones I use daily to plan my adventures and learn about the city.

The Argentina Independent – For some reason, the Des Moines publication called “Juice” comes to mind.

The Buenos Aires Herald – Think USA Today, except for Buenos Aires but written in English specifically for Expats.

BA Expats Forum– A very active forum full of great stuff. I’ve posted several questions on this site and received a countless amount of replies.

A Gringo in Buenos Aires – Informative site for expats, students, vacationers, and even natives; it explains the way of life for a Porteno.

Pick Up the Fork Blog – This food blog is great; humorous and simply enjoyable to read even if you are not in Buenos Aires.

My Beautiful Air Blog – A new blog I just ran across, thanks to Rachael, which contains great content about expats and things to do.

Now back to talking about me and my day...

It’s sad to say, but I think medialunes will be the death of me because not only did I have three this morning for breakfast, but I had three tonight for dessert. I started the day off working on a flooring blog for the UK Company, but then in the afternoon was switched to a different project. Now, I was hard at work writing content for a new page on their website, or maybe it was just to update an existing page; anyways, I wrote content for the flooring company pretty much the entire day.
Lamb, Pork, Beef

On my way home from work I decided to treat myself to this freshly carved beef wrap. It was pretty much mouthwatering. I mean just look at those slabs of meat on the rotisserie; hungry yet? LOL. I still haven’t made it to the Cambio yet to exchange some money…I’m going to try to make it to Saturday with what I have…about AR$66. Maybe this will diminish my medialunes cravings…I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment