Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Toddy Galletas...should be Illegal!

Buen dia, amigos!  I believe I finally found out where that morning whistling tune was coming from; it was in fact my host because when the kitchen light came on the whistling started. LOL! Today I woke up at 9 am with a noon deadline to be at work; I don’t have my keys yet. However, before I get into any more details about my day, I must tell you about my first favorite junk food item I have down here!

Oh yes! My Toddy Galletas
Yes, you heard correctly…health-nut me had some Argentinean junk food, but not just any ordinary junk food…they were Toddy Galletas! (Click the link!) As you can see these round, crumbly, cookie disks are packed full of chocolate chips. Just look at them! Hungry yet? Now I know what you are probably thinking…those are just the South American version of Chips Ahoy cookies. Nope; those are called Pepitos. (Click the link!) If my heath goes decreases because of these Toddies, I have my co-worker, Rachael, to thank because she was the one who introduced me to them on my first day. LOL!


After getting out of bed and preparing for the day, I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast.  Walking down the stairs I ran into my host’s cleaning lady and greeted her in Spanish, of course. Apparently, it is very common for people in Argentina to have a house maid visit weekly. It’s strange to think about because in the US it’s mostly the upper class individuals who have house maids.

At work I met Jason, another intern from IL, and started my portion of batching. One of my duties will be creating blog posts for various clients. This is done during the first week of a month in a “batching” format. Meaning they create a list of each client who needs blogs for the month and knock them out first thing. They have dubbed that week “hell week,” and for an obvious reason. After today’s writings and extensive research, I can tell you all you need to know about bamboo flooring. I’m definitely not in the financial world anymore. LOL!

Ending the work day at 6 pm, I walked home on a new route today. Finds out all I have to do is take Calle Thames (Thames Street) 8 blocks and Calle Soler (Soler Street) 6 blocks and I’m home! It’s a good 20-25 min walk, but so far the weather has been abnormally nice I’ve been told. I’ still the only one walking down the street in just a t-shirt and jeans…everyone else…winter coats. If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask in the comment section below! Adios!

Did You Know? Peanut butter is a scarce commodity down here; making it very difficult to find. I sure miss my PB& Js!

Time to get some more!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of Pepitos- do yourself a favor and try a Pepito alfajor sometime... and maybe bring one back for me in the fall! Also for peanut butter flavors look for any treats with mantecol in them, it's pretty much the closest thing! You might even be able to find containers of it at the supers. Hope you are loving BA!

    ReplyDelete