Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cervesas Y Arepas @ Caracas


What’s the name given to Thursday? Throwback Thursday? LOL! Today was pretty chill throughout the entire day.

I again woke up to knocking noises on my door, except this time it was the cleaning lady wanting to change my sheets. Of course I wasn’t going to say no, so I let her in my room and with a blink of my eye (well, ok….maybe a couple of minutes later) my bed was neatly made.

The plan was to work from Nora’s apartment because Rachael didn’t want to walk Dante to the office, so instead of walking the 15 blocks to the office I walked 3.5 blocks to Nora’s place. Nora has a great apartment with 2 balconies overlooking a church in a nice neighborhood of Palermo…quite nice! However, their internet could use some improvement. I was able to connect flawlessly, but for some strange reason my webpages were moving extremely slow! This ultimately forced me to finish the last half of my day from home. Argentina, you just gave me another first; working from home!

Before I left Nora’s we placed a lunch order from Marfa’s, and I got this vegetable crème sandwich which had the perfect blend of roasted vegetables.

After developing more of the July batch for our Democratic Republic of Congo pro bono client, I did some work for SCORE DSM. I actually enjoy doing work for my organizations back home because it enhances my international mindset working with different types of organizations in different time zones, etc.

Once that business was complete, I decided to continue some Spanish lessons from Duolingo before it was time to meet up with some friends at the Venezuelan restaurant called Caracas Bar.

At Caracas I ran into Venesa, Nico, and another one of their friends unknowingly. That was really cool and just goes to show how small the world really is.  I was there to meet up with Mario, Kamil, Orlando, two French girls interning with a polo association, two Americans who work in the refinery industry, and one world traveling Italian/American. It was a great night of cervesa y arepas.

Tomorrow, I get the keys to my new place!

No comments:

Post a Comment