Monday, June 10, 2013

Just Café Workin'


Today started the second full week of my Buenos Aires internship. My Monday started off abnormally well, unlike the Snapchats I got from some weary workers in the USA. LOL. It was sunny with not even a cloud in the sky and only a slight breeze to keep some movement in the air; overall, it was a picture perfect day.

At the cafe (Candid of Rachael)
When I arrived to the office I started brewing the coffee and got right to work. I news scanned the internet’s top tech news providers, like Inc., SocialMediaToday.com, and TechCrunch.com, looking for stories relevant to our company and our clients. After a few hours, we were experiencing some sluggishness with our internet connection, so the team and I packed up our laptops and went off to work in a local bookstore that contained a café. It was nice working in a different setting; something I couldn’t do previously.

After getting settled into the café, I needed some fuel because after my strenuous news scanning this morning I definitely worked up an appetite.  Glancing over the menu, one item bounced out at me…yogurt and granola; so fulfilling and only at 20 pesos! Here in Argentina you will find that many things come in glass containers. For example, some Gatorades, yogurts, and Cokes, name a few of the items, but these glass jars are then reused in the everyday kitchen. (Argentines, please feel free to correct me in the comments section if I provide a wrong perception)

My hamburguesa is inside
I finished the work day by doing some work for our pro bono client. We are working on giving their blog some structure because currently it is a total melting pot of informative articles and a structure is absent. I was able to briefly start another flooring blog after finishing my pro bono task, but it was a quarter to 6 and my computer died so I called it a day and headed home from the café.  Hungry again and craving a hamburger, I was on the hunt. It took me a little while to find the American classic, but I did find one and ordered it to-go.  In America it is common to get to-go meals in Styrofoam boxes, but here they put it in a plastic container and wrap with paper. (At least everyplace I’ve ordered from thusfar has done so.)

Next weekend, there is a good possibility I will get a chance to visit Nico and his family in Rio Cuarto and check out what small city life is like in Argentina while escaping the madness of the populous city of Buenos Aires.

No comments:

Post a Comment