Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Look! I'm on TV! Well, Kind of...


My new apartment is almost official…well, it’s pretty much official because I gave my reservation fee to Christina and she has it listed as “booked” on the website. LOL! All I need now are the keys, which I will get Friday at noon! It’s exciting to have that task finally behind me. It was such a heavy burden on my shoulders but if it came down to the wire I had several backup plans to fall back on.

I walked to her office in Belgrano to deliver the reservation fee, as it was a sunny, tolerable morning. The walk was almost exactly 30 minutes from my place on Soler. During my trek, I walked past this impressive building complete with balconies draped with cloth and a wrought iron fence around the perimeter. After doing some research, it turned out to be a history museum for the Horse Granaderos Regiment of General San Martin. I will have to add this to my list of places to visit.

After signing the apartment reservation receipt, Christina gave me a coffee mug as a gift. Plus, it was a piece of advertising material for her because imprinted inside the mug was her company’s insignia. Add it to the pile of souvenirs I’m bringing back. LOL!

My house is the peach colored one

As I turned on Soler Street to grab my computer from my place, I couldn’t happen to miss all of the news channel vehicles lining my street. Curious me, I had to ask Vera what was going on. Apparently a few weeks ago, a young Argentinean girl was murdered about 10 blocks away from my place. This is very uncommon for the Palermo neighborhood, so it created a huge media buzz. The killer seemingly took a cab and was dropped off on my street, according to the cab driver who drove him. They have the suspect in custody, and it doesn’t look good for him. Want to read more…check out the story.

Finally, after an eventful morning, I arrived at work. I started off with a few portfolios for the video production company, followed by organizing and standardizing a list of their nearly 1,300 contacts. During that process everyone desired coffee, but there was not a single ground to be found in the office because I had the last drop from the coffee pot. A 15 minute Starbucks trip made its way into the day’s agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment