Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bringing the US to AR



Watching the Announcement
I essentially took a break from Argentina today, and focused on an event that was happening back home in Washington, DC. Today was the announcement ceremony of the 2013 World Food Prize Laureate, or should I say Laureates. The State Department streamed the ceremony live on their website, so that provided me the ability to watch it at work. As mentioned during the announcement and on the Word Food Prize’s website, “Three distinguished scientists – Marc Van Montagu of Belgium, and Mary-Dell Chilton and Robert T. Fraley of the United States - with share the 2013 World Food for their independent, individual breakthrough achievements in founding, developing, and applying modern agricultural biotechnology.” Sounds like Mike and I will have our hands full this year organizing transportation for the Borlaug Dialogue, but it’s not an issue because I’m extremely passionate for this organization.
 
We were extremely busy at work today. I arrived at the office a little later than normal because I forgot my wallet and had to trek back to my house; plus, the internet was extremely slow in the morning. The task of the day was to create portfolios for nine of our video production company’s clients; all due by the end of the day. Despite my leaving at 4:30pm, we got them completed on time.

I left early today because I had a walk through of my possible apartment for the remainder of my stay in Buenos Aires. I felt it would suite my needs, and was relatively reasonably priced for being in the touristy neighborhood of Palermo. If I sign the lease tomorrow I will disclose more information about the place. I will say things are looking fairly good!

TX, IA, VE, PE, EC, FR
I went to Liquid’s International Meet-up tonight expecting to take part in their new language exchange program, but it wasn’t what I expected. It was more about immersing myself into Spanish speaking conversations, which is an organic way to learn the language. I can’t say it wasn’t a waste of time because I did meet some cool people and learned a handful of Spanish phrases.

No comments:

Post a Comment